Intermediate/Senior Structural Engineer - All Offices
Pretium Engineering Inc. is a specialist building science, structural, and mechanical consulting engineering firm with offices throughout Ontario, in Breslau (Waterloo), Burlington, Milton, Newmarket, Ottawa, and Toronto, and a staff complement of over 75 engineers and technologists. Our engineered solutions have solved building performance problems, on time and within budget since 1993. We are managed by our partners and senior management, all of whom have 10 to 40 years of experience. We provide our expertise to a wide variety of sectors, including commercial, residential, retail, healthcare, educational, institutional, industrial, recreational and hospitality.
Pretium is currently looking for an Intermediate/Senior Structural Engineer to join the team and to provide solid leadership and help us expand our structural practice area. This opportunity is available/applicable at any of our office locations.
Our structural practice is currently focused on structural analysis, assessment, and design with support to our group companies and existing building/structures restoration and renewal practice area.
The Senior Structural Engineer is responsible for the evaluation, assessment, and design of both new and existing residential, commercial, and industrial structures. The successful candidate is comfortable dealing with clients, communicating with contractors, and working on active construction sites. A commitment to providing first-rate client service and technical excellence to deliver practical, creative solutions is essential. An inquisitive outlook, a hard worker who readily and quickly assumes responsibility and a team player who can work independently with minimum direction are traits that are required to be successful in this role.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of Civil or Structural Engineering with a minimum 8+ years of related and practical project experience.
- P.Eng. designation with Professional Engineers of Ontario is required.
- Analysis, evaluation, estimation, and design experience of steel, concrete, and timber/wood structures is required. Façade and/or building science experience is an asset.
- Experience in structural restoration & repair, past building construction methods, structural codes, and standards.
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency in ETABS,, PCA, SAP, Revit(BIM), AutoCAD, STAAD, RISA, and other design related software is considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Efficiently and effectively managing multiple tasks independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Drafting skills are an asset.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Structural Practice Area leader the successful candidate will serve the role of Intermediate or Senior Structural Engineer.
- Specific responsibilities will vary based on type of project but may include, structural design, structural assessment and report writing, preparation of structural drawings, forensic investigations, preparation of specifications, proposals, reports, and construction review for existing and new construction.
- Design and analysis of a variety of building types, including residential, institutional, commercial, heritage, and civil infrastructure buildings and structures.
- Assist and take an active role in expanding and diversifying the structural engineering division, including knowledge base, services, and clients.
- Provide technical engineering support on a wide range of projects within the scope of the practice area.
- Manage projects and clients from conceptual design to final completion.
- Assist and support client managers and practice lead in aspects of business development and proposal development.
- Identifying and building new client relationships and marketing the firm's structural engineering services.
- Coordination with other engineering and client service areas.
- Managing and mentoring Junior and Intermediate level structural engineers and designers.
- Ensuring all deliverables are completed on time, on budget, and exceed quality standards.
Pretium Engineering Inc. is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment based on objective criteria that is free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter through the “Apply” button at the bottom of the Opportunity Listing.
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted.
Consulting Engineers | Working Together, Better - Our slogan not only describes how we approach our internal operations, but also embodies the approach to our work and our service to clients.