Parking Garage Restoration
Single level parking garage, serving a 13 storey apartment building
- Condition assessment, structural design, specifications, tendering, contract administration and construction review.
- The assessment investigation included concrete coring (sample collecting) and laboratory testing over a period of 6 years to determine on-going deterioration to better refine and prepare budgets and repair rationale. In addition, collected concrete data was compared to previous assessments completed 10+ years prior.
- Large areas of concrete repairs including complete through slab replacement completed.
- Localized repair within the garage at walls, columns and slab-on-grade including garage access ramp.
- Replacement of roof slab waterproofing, asphalt replacement, regrading.
- Various improvements made to the garage layout including increasing parking space count, wider spaces, larger turning radii including turn around zones, and the addition of accessibility friendly spaces to improve overall site function and safety for residents.
- Where possible, PA worked with the City of Windsor to ensure large trees and plantings were salvaged as best as possible while repairing the garage. Root development was considered when excavating around the garage shell.
- Other improvements include a resident picnic area, basketball court addition, security fencing, high performance LED lighting.
- Provided enclosed garbage collection zone to allow for safe truck pick up and improved resident access.
- Various services efficiently located under the overburden to allow for future expansion of services including lighting, sprinkler/irrigation system, swimming pool lines, security systems, etc.
- Coordinated work with Windsor Hydro as required to compensate for large on-site transformer and high voltage lines located under the overburden. All necessary upgrades were completed prior to re-instating new overburden.
- Ensured work was phased accordingly to maintain access to the underground while all overburden and waterproofing was removed at the surface level.