Exterior Wall and Balcony Repairs
7 Storey Residential Building
Niagara Falls, Ontario
The building is seven (7) storeys in height (excluding basement) and was constructed in approximately 1978. The building footprint was approximately 9,670 sq.ft. There are 61 suites.
The purpose of the project was to repair the existing exterior walls and balconies to restore them to a condition that would perform adequately and look acceptable for the next 10 years.
Each phase of work included the following:
- Balcony guard (railing) cleaning and painting
- Balcony slab concrete repairs and waterproofing
- Exterior wall concrete repairs and painting
- Exterior wall masonry repairs
- Replacement of sealants (caulking) at window and door perimeters
- Painting of balcony soffits at the upper floor levels
- Installation of a new insulated cladding assembly (EIFS) over the top floor and roof parapet which will minimize concrete/masonry repairs, improve aesthetics, and improve the water shedding characteristics of the exterior walls thereby providing increased protection to the wall and balcony areas below.
PA initially performed a Building Condition Assessment on the building. Following this report, PA was retained to prepare specifications and provide Engineering services to proceed with work related to the exterior wall repairs and balcony repairs.