EIFS Retrofit and Balcony Repairs
Two, 7 Storey Apartment Buildings, 130 Suites
- Due to significant and prolonged water penetration through the exterior brick masonry and general masonry deterioration, the Owner selected the option to install an EIFS (Exterior Insulation Finish System) over the existing brick masonry instead of another cycle of masonry repairs.
- Balcony concrete repairs, waterproofing and painting.
- Replaced corroded steel balcony guards with new aluminum/glass guards.
- Condition assessment, design, specifications, tendering, contract administration and construction review.
- The work eliminated the need for future masonry repairs, addressed water penetration problems, improved aesthetics, reduced energy consumption and improved occupant comfort