Parking Garage Repairs
2 Level Garage, Serving 2 Apartment Buildings
- The lower level cast-in-place concrete slab-on-grade had extensive cracking and displacement due to frost heaving and general deterioration due to prolonged ground water problems. Flooding of the lower level and ice build-up was an inconvenience and safety issue for the residents.
- The garage condition assessment included slab-on-grade and upper level coring and soils analysis.
- The slab-on-grade was removed, a sub-drainage system installed including new catch basins, weeping tile and free-draining granular base. The underside of the slab was insulated to further reduce the extent of ground freezing and resultant heaving.
- Site storm sewers that the garage sub-drain system connected to were addressed to correct back-slope, blockage and continuity issues.
- Localized concrete repairs and re-waterproofing was performed at the upper level.
- The leaking exterior foundation wall was waterproofed and protected with a drainage membrane.
- A new heavy duty concrete slab-on-grade and garbage enclosure was constructed.
- The project successfully addressed the flooding problem and the new slab-on-grade is performing well.