Climate Change Vulnerability Assessments
Whether your building is new or several decades old, it was designed and constructed to building codes and standards based on historical climate data. As the environment changes, there is a predicted increase in both the frequency and intensity of wind and snow load, rain accumulation, and short-term extreme heat and cold periods. Our current infrastructure as a whole is vulnerable to these new loads.
Pretium will assess the impact of these future environmental and structural loads on critical building systems. Planning for such eventualities could reduce or prevent flooding damage, structural failure, power outage, and distress for occupants at risk of high or low temperatures.
Our engineering team can design the necessary work to provide building systems that can have the adaptive capacity to be changed as needed or that can resist predicted climate loads.
- A review of the building design.
- A current model of predicted climate loads affecting your building.
- A report on the durability of critical building systems.
- A report on the systems vulnerable to climate change effects prioritized for your ownership situation.
- A report of building systems adaptation recommendations.
There are currently no projects to display for the category "Climate Change Vulnerability Assessments".