Third Party Review
Our extensive experience in the design and management of restoration projects allows us to provide an unbiased review of the construction process. Whether it be a specialist review at the design stage or assisting with quality assurance on behalf of the design authority or general contractor during construction, we will provide the necessary engineering services to ensure work is performed to the highest standard. Some of our services include:
- Review of contract documents, shop drawings, and other submittals (i.e. material data sheets, test reports and product literature). These are reviewed for conformance with contract documents, applicable codes and standards, and manufacturer requirements for suitability in the specified environment, for compatibility with adjacent assemblies and materials and for continuity of the control layers (air, water management, vapour, thermal).
- On-site construction review including participation at pre-construction and mock-up review meetings and periodic review as construction progresses. The work is reviewed for compliance with the approved construction and shop drawings, manufacturer written specifications and good building practice.
- Diagnostic testing which can include tests for concrete and material strength, water penetration, air leakage, thermography, test openings, load resistance, adhesion of anchors and membranes, and carbonation and chloride ions concentration
- Compliance testing which can include tests for building envelope air and water leakage, structural load, thermography, and concrete or other material strength.
- On-site monitoring whihc can include instrumentation to assess crack movement, temperature, relative humidity, air pressure difference across building envelope systems, and structural movement.
For example, we analyze and evaluate:
Building Envelope Cladding, Window, Curtainwall, EIFS, and Thin Cladding Systems
- Thermal, air and moisture barrier and control systems
- Foundations materials and membranes,
- Claddings – masonry, stone, concrete, curtain and window walls, Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS), stucco, all panel/siding systems, and architectural/simulated stone systems.
- Windows, doors, and skylights.
- Concrete, steel and masonry
- FRP (fiber reinforced polymer) retrofit
- Roof anchors
- Parking garages
- Balconies and guards
- Foundations, retaining walls, and shoring
- Pavements, curbs, and walkways
- Site grading and drainage
- Retaining Walls
- Site Structures
Mechanical HVAC, Fire and Domestic Water and Drainage Systems
- Domestic water supply systems
- Fire water supply systems
- Storm water drainage systems
- Sanitary water drainage systems
- Heating ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Mechanical system commissioning
Curtain Wall Repairs
EIFS - New Construction
EIFS Quailty Assurance Program
EIFS Quailty Assurance Program-2
Glazing and Guard System Design
Structural Design and Construction Review
Third-Party Review of Roof and EIFS
Third-Party Review of Roof, EIFS, and Windows