Reserve Fund Studies Project Coordinator
Location: Waterloo Region
Pretium is currently seeking a talented individual to join our building science team. We are currently looking for an energetic individual to join our growing firm and help us expand our practice, working within the axiom: Working Together, Better. The position presents plenty of opportunity for advancement and taking on additional responsibilities as we grow.
This position is for a junior-level individual who can assist with the preparation of Reserve Fund Studies, a form of building condition audit and financial plan for condominiums and other buildings to plan their repair and financial needs for the long term. On-the-job training will be provided.
Pretium Engineering Inc. is an innovative building science and structural engineering firm providing services to a wide range of residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. Pretium is a member of The C3 Group of Companies, a multi-discipline service organization specializing in engineering, construction, project management, and technology development.
Our Building Science division is currently involved in the assessment, design, and restoration of all elements of the building enclosure, including cladding, glazing systems, roofing, and structural elements. Our work involves solving problems for our clients on residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings.
Our small company culture provides long-term meaningful careers in a dynamic growth-oriented environment. This opportunity is available to candidates who want to make a difference in this fast-paced working environment. There are excellent opportunities for advancement to more senior positions for the right individuals. Pretium offers above-average compensation salary and benefits packages and will be commensurate with experience.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or Architectural Technology (or equivalent)
- Coursework in Building Science and/or Building/Concrete Restoration is an asset
- Ability and desire to continue education with professional development courses and seminars
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fast learner and a desire to expand professional knowledge
- Ability to maintain organization of multiple concurrent tasks and projects
- Ability to maintain schedules and meet deadlines
- Willing to work at heights, including climbing ladders and accessing swing stages, boom lifts, scaffolding, etc. (safety training will be provided)
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle for visiting work sites (mileage to be reimbursed)
- Project investigation, reporting, quality observation and liaison with clients, contractors and manufacturers as needed;
- Collect field data (site review and measurement) and prepare reserve study and capital expenditure plan reports;
- Assist with field review/testing and data collection and prepare performance audit, technical/building audit or other investigative reports complete with observations, conclusions, recommendations and repair budgets;
- Assist with development/improvement to company service delivery processes i.e. standard reports, specifications, drawings etc.;
- Maintain a high level of product quality; technically, grammatically and as per company master report formats. All written reports to be proof read first by you, then peer reviewed by the Project Manager or other designated Peer Reviewer. Ensure draft documents are prepared to the level expected by the Project Manager and Peer Reviewer (treat your work as if there was no peer review and that the Client will be evaluating your competency directly). Plan and schedule sufficient time for the reviewer;
- Make responsiveness to clients a high priority to understand the value of their timelines;
- Notify your Supervisor of new market opportunities expressed by clients;
- Notify your Supervisor of proposed service delivery/ operational improvements;
- Notify the Project Manager of project staffing needs;
- Ensuring adherence to high ethical standards and compliance with all regulations and applicable laws.
- Participate in knowledge sharing within the group; and
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Excelling in the role of Project Coordinator is an essential stepping stone to achieving the position of Project Manager. The Coordinator is expected to work closely with Project Managers and Principals to gain experience; specifically, the knowledge and skills required to manage projects successfully. Key knowledge and skills to be gained, then executed:
- How to recognize and understand client needs as agreed with Project Manager or Principal.
- How to solve Client problems.
- How to effectively communicate (verbally and written) with the Project Team and the Client. Co-sign all project documents.
- Ensure client perceives that the fee being charged is a good investment for them.
- Acquire skills that allow you to demonstrate the importance of budget and schedule control, technical competence, documentation quality and physical appearance of construction work to the Client and Project Team.
Pretium Engineering Inc. is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment based on objective criteria that is free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter through the “Apply” button at the bottom of the Opportunity Listing.
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted.
Consulting Engineers | Working Together, Better - Our slogan not only describes how we approach our internal operations, but also embodies the approach to our work and our service to clients.