Building Science Project Coordinator - Newmarket
Pretium Engineering Inc. is a specialist building science, structural, and mechanical consulting engineering firm with offices throughout Ontario, in Breslau (Waterloo), Burlington, Milton, Newmarket, Ottawa, and Toronto, and a staff complement of over 75 engineers and technologists. Our engineered solutions have solved building performance problems, on time and within budget since 1993. We are managed by our partners and senior management, all of whom have 10 to 40 years of experience. We provide our expertise to a wide variety of sectors, including commercial, residential, retail, healthcare, educational, institutional, industrial, recreational and hospitality.
Pretium is currently looking for Building Science Project Coordinators to join the team. We require energetic self-starters who can work independently and are interested in diagnostic and/or investigative engineering related to buildings and structures. Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and have experience with the preparation of detailed reports.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of Civil or Structural Engineering, Applied Engineering, or Architectural Technology.
- Excellent technical writing skills. Reporting is to be concise, follow company report formats, and be based on project specific evidence.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Post-Secondary education relating to Building Science, Building Envelope Engineering, and/or Building Architecture.
- Building science knowledge including a thorough understanding of air, rain-water, and vapour control.
- Knowledge of construction materials and products, material deterioration mechanisms, and repair and restoration methods with specific focus on building envelope assemblies, parking garages, balconies, and guards.
- Effective, responsive communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and other design related software is considered an asset.
- Willingness to work at heights, including climbing ladders and accessing swing stages or lifts.
- A valid driver’s license and insured vehicle to travel to the office and project sites within Ontario. Work related mileage is reimbursed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of a Project Manager the successful candidate will serve the role of Project Coordinator.
- Assist with project investigation, reporting, specification and drawing preparation, tendering, project management, quality observation and liaison with clients, contractors and manufacturers, as needed;
- Assist with field review/testing and data collection and preparation of performance audits, reserve fund studies, capital planning projects, technical/building audits or other investigative reports complete with observations, conclusions, recommendations and repair budgets;
- Acquire skills that allow you to demonstrate the importance of budget and schedule control, technical competence, documentation quality and physical appearance of construction work to the Client and Project Team;
- Conduct onsite quality control and adherence to prepared specifications;
- On occasion, prepare or oversee preparation of detailed computer aided drawings (CAD) for inclusion with reports and tender documents.
- Maintain utilization targets as determined by your Supervisor; and
- Participate in the knowledge sharing culture through meetings and other training opportunities.
Pretium Engineering Inc. is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment based on objective criteria that is free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter through the “Apply” button at the bottom of the Opportunity Listing.
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted.
Consulting Engineers | Working Together, Better - Our slogan not only describes how we approach our internal operations, but also embodies the approach to our work and our service to clients.