Intermediate/Senior Engineer or Building Science Specialist
Pretium Engineering Inc. is a specialist building science, structural, and mechanical consulting engineering firm with offices throughout Ontario, in Breslau (Waterloo), Burlington, Milton, Newmarket, Ottawa, and Toronto, and a staff complement of over 75 engineers and technologists. Our engineered solutions have solved building performance problems, on time and within budget since 1993. We are managed by our partners and senior management, all of whom have 10 to 40 years of experience. We provide our expertise to a wide variety of sectors, including commercial, residential, retail, healthcare, educational, institutional, industrial, recreational, and hospitality.
Pretium is currently looking for an Intermediate/ Senior Engineer or Building Science Specialist to join the team and to provide Project and Client Management and leadership in our New Construction Bulletin 19 / Third Party Review engineering practice area. Our Bulletin 19 team is growing and we require an experienced technical person to take on a team leadership role within this group.
The successful candidate is comfortable dealing with clients, communicating with contractors and working on active construction sites. A commitment to providing first-rate client service and technical excellence to deliver practical, creative solutions is essential. An inquisitive outlook, a hard worker who readily and quickly assumes responsibility and a team player who can work independently with minimum direction are traits that are required to be successful in this role.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of a Civil or Architectural Engineering or Architectural Building Science program with a minimum 8+ years of related and practical project experience.
- P.Eng. designation with Professional Engineers of Ontario is considered an asset.
- Façade and/or building science experience is required including significant technical knowledge and understanding of building envelope construction, assemblies, details, etc.
- Experience with third party Architectural drawings design review, and shop drawing review for high rise residential buildings is required.
- Experience and knowledge of Tarion Bulletin 19 / Condominium Construction industry is required.
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Efficiently and effectively managing multiple tasks independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- A variety of clients rely on you as their representative and call you with work.
- Your management and communications skills are respected in the company.
- You can identify the client specific criteria that represent success for each project and communicate these to a project team in a manner that creates a unified effort.
- You have proven that you can effectively evaluate a project’s requirements and involve the appropriate resources to supply the project team with the correct leadership and solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specific responsibilities will vary based on type of project but may include, project and client management, design and shop drawing review, proposal and report writing, preparation and/or peer review of reports and other project documentation.
- Assist and take an active role in expanding the Bulletin 19 team including knowledge base, and clients.
- Provide technical support on a wide range of projects within the scope of the practice area.
- Manage projects and clients from conceptual design to final completion.
- Assist and support the practice leader in aspects of business development and proposal development.
- Identify and build new client relationships and market the firm's related services.
- Coordination with other engineering and client service areas.
- Managing and mentoring Junior and Intermediate level engineers and building science consultants.
- Ensure all deliverables are completed on time, on budget, and exceed quality standards.
Pretium Engineering Inc. is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment based on objective criteria that is free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Ready to Apply?
Note that this position is based out of our Etobicoke office. Please submit your resume and cover letter through the company website application process selecting Toronto as the location. We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted.
Consulting Engineers | Working Together, Better - Our slogan not only describes how we approach our internal operations, but also embodies the approach to our work and our service to clients.