Intermediate/Senior Mechanical Engineer
Pretium Engineering Inc. is a specialist building science, structural and mechanical consulting engineering firm with offices throughout Ontario, in Breslau (Waterloo), Burlington, Milton, Newmarket, Ottawa and Toronto, and a staff complement of over 75 engineers and technologists. Our engineered solutions have solved building performance problems, on time and within budget since 1993. We are managed by our partners and senior management, all of whom have 10 to 40 years of experience. We provide our expertise to a wide variety of sectors, including commercial, residential, retail, healthcare, educational, institutional, industrial, recreational and hospitality.
Pretium is currently looking for an Intermediate / Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the team to provide Project and Client Management in our Mechanical Engineering practice area. We are seeking a talented, energetic individual to join our growing firm.
The successful candidate is comfortable dealing with clients, communicating with architects and design teams, and working on active construction sites as needed. A commitment to providing first-rate client service and technical excellence to deliver practical, creative solutions is essential. An inquisitive outlook, a hard worker who readily and quickly assumes responsibility and a team player who can work independently with minimum direction are traits that are required to be successful in this role.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of a Mechanical Engineering program with a minimum 7+ years of related and practical project experience.
- P.Eng. designation with Professional Engineers of Ontario.
- Mechanical Equipment Renewal/Restoration and buildings experience is required including technical knowledge and understanding of HVAC and plumbing projects.
- Experience with mechanical renewal projects for Elementary, Secondary, Post Secondary school buildings, Hospital, long-term care buildings and/or High-rise residential buildings is considered an asset.
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Efficiently and effectively managing multiple tasks independently in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specific responsibilities will vary based on type of project but may include, project and client management, design, specifications and contract document development, shop drawing review, proposal and report writing, preparation and/or peer review of reports and other project documentation.
- Provide technical support on a wide range of projects within the scope of the mechanical practice area.
- Manage projects and clients from conceptual design to final completion.
- Assist and support the practice leader in aspects of business development and proposal development as needed.
- Identify and build new client relationships and market the firm's related services.
- Coordinate with other engineering and client service areas.
- Ensure all deliverables are completed on time, on budget, and exceed quality standards.
Pretium Engineering Inc. is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment based on objective criteria that is free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Ready to Apply?
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the company website application process.
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted.
Consulting Engineers | Working Together, Better - Our slogan not only describes how we approach our internal operations, but also embodies the approach to our work and our service to clients.