Fishburn/Pretium Building Science Project Coordinator - Hornby
Fishburn Building Sciences Group Inc. (a Pretium company) is a professional engineering firm dedicated to the advancement of roofing and building sciences technology through the design, engineering, and maintenance of roofing and building envelope systems. Founded in 1943, the company holds a dominant position in the building sciences field as demonstrated by its continuing development of new standards for design and performance. Since 2020 Fishburn Building Sciences Group Inc. has been a part of Pretium Engineering Inc. By combining technical expertise, practical experience, and a strong program of research the company has built a proven track record in meeting the needs of an increasingly sophisticated industry.
Fishburn Building Sciences Group Inc. staff has broad-based experience in all aspects of roofing and building envelope systems. Personnel have diversified backgrounds in roofing systems, building sciences, design, engineering, construction, project management, research, and laboratory testing and draw on a wide range of expertise for the resolution of problems. The company and its staff maintain active memberships in several impartial organizations dedicated to improving procedures and techniques for roofing and building envelope construction.
We require energetic self-starters who can work independently and are interested in diagnostic and/or investigative engineering related to buildings and structures. Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills and have experience with the preparation of detailed roof condition survey reports, design, and tender documents.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of Architectural Technology or Civil or Structural Engineering or Applied Engineering, with 3+ years’ experience.
- Post-Secondary education relating to Building Science, Building Envelope Engineering, and/or Building Architecture.
- Roofing and/or building science experience is required including technical knowledge and understanding of building envelope construction, assemblies, details, etc.
- Experience with condition surveys, design, specification writing, tender document preparation and contact administration.
- Experience with third party Architectural drawings design review, and shop drawing review is required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Knowledge of construction materials and products, material deterioration mechanisms, and repair and restoration methods with specific focus on roofing and building envelope assemblies.
- Effective, responsive communication skills and excellent English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency in Revit, and other design related software is considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Efficiently and effectively managing multiple tasks independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Willingness to attend site visits/meetings and to work at heights, including climbing ladders and accessing swing stages or lifts.
- A valid driver’s license and insured vehicle to travel to the office and project sites within Ontario. Work related mileage is reimbursed.