What We Do:
Pretium is a specialist building science, mechanical and structural consulting engineering firm that provides high-quality, evidence-driven services including Building Envelope and Structural Restoration; New Building Third Party Review and Bulletin 19 Consulting; Property Condition Assessments and Capital Planning; Building Envelope Commissioning and Testing; Energy Performance; Passive House Consulting and Universal Design (Accessibility).
Our engineered solutions have solved building performance problems, on time and within budget since 1993. We are managed by our partners and senior management, all of whom have 10 to 40 years of experience. We provide our expertise to a wide variety of sectors, including: commercial, residential, retail, healthcare, educational, institutional, industrial, recreational and hospitality.
Who We Are:
We are a Canadian controlled private corporation with offices throughout Ontario, in Breslau (Waterloo), Burlington, Newmarket, Ottawa and Toronto, and a staff complement of over 70 building engineers and technologists. Pretium is one of the largest firms in Ontario focussing solely on building engineering with many staff having the “Building Science Specialist” (BSS) designation.
Pretium is a member of the C3 Group of companies (1973), a multi-discipline engineering/contracting organization specializing in building science, restoration, industrial maintenance, foundation systems, environmental technologies, and advanced materials. Pretium leverages these resources and with Pretium, Arbitech and our C3 affiliates our staff count is close to 150 personnel.
Pretium’s staff of engineers, technologists, and construction specialists has accumulated years of practical experience, training, and education, enabling the firm to provide competent and sensible solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
Pretium Engineering Inc. (Pretium) was formed in 2018 with the amalgamation of Pretium Anderson and Pretium-GRG, formerly GRG Building Consultants Inc. (1993). Pretium Anderson was formed in 2010 with the amalgamation of Pretium Engineering Limited (2004) and Anderson Building Science Inc. (1996). In 2017, the team expanded through a strategic partnership with Arbitech Inc. Arbitech provides arbitration, mediation, litigation support, and expert testimony and reports on claims across Canada. www.arbitech.ca
Each new project is approached as a collaborative process that encourages multidisciplinary professional teams to design solutions based on experience, knowledge, and evidence. Every solution is grounded by a practical approach that is tailored to each individual client to ensure that their visions are realized. We are collaborative, evidence-driven and committed in the delivery of services to our clients.
- Collaborative: We collaborate and partner with our clients to solve their building related needs.
- Evidence-Driven: We are evidence-driven – that is, we make conscientious, explicit, and judicious use of best evidence and practices when problem-solving for our clients.
- Committed: We are committed to the efficient delivery of our services through continued development of processes and technical knowledge, master reports, and cost estimate databases.
- Empowering: We empower all employees to develop client relationships through delivery of high-quality service and demonstrated trust and respect.
Our Core Values:
At the core of all work performed by Pretium are paramount principles which each employee undertakes to uphold.
- Integrity: Our integrity can never be taken away and must always be exhibited.
- Responsiveness: We are responsive to show that we respect and put a priority on others’ needs.
- Investment in Relationships: We will invest the time and resources to support others in achieving their goals.
- Risk Management: We manage our risk and our client’s risk through responsible planning and action.
- Technical Differentiation: We differentiate ourselves through our expertise which is refined and systematically made valuable and unique.
Pretium is a member of several professional organizations, including:
- Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
- Building Commissioning Association (BCA)
- Ontario Building Envelope Council (OBEC)
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Passive House Canada (PHC)
- Passive House Institute US (PHIUS)
- Toronto Construction Association (TCA)
- EIFS Council of Canada (ECC)
- Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC)
- Sealant, Waterproofing & Restoration Institute (SWRI)
- Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI)
- Canada Green Building Council (CAGBC)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario (ACMO)
- Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association (ONPHA)
- The Federation of Rental-Housing Providers of Ontario (FRPO)
- Ontario Association of School Business Officials (OASBO)
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- Building and Concrete Restoration Association of Ontario (B&CRAO)
- International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI)
- Construction Specifications Canada (CSC)
Accessible Customer Service Plan
It is the policy of Pretium to provide goods and services to persons with disabilities in a way that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity. For more information, a copy of our AODA Service Policy Statement is available here.
It is the policy of Pretium to perform work in accordance with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects and the Ontario Environmental Protection Act. It is our belief that every employee is entitled to work in a safe and healthy environment.
Our goal is to eliminate the hazards that cause accidents and injuries or environmental mishap. Safety and environmental protection is considered the top priority over all other organizational or project-related goals.
We believe that safety should be a cooperative effort involving management, workers, subcontractors, and unions to ensure that effective policies and procedures are both developed and followed. Every employee has the right to refuse work they believe is dangerous to their own health and safety, or to that of others.
Our active health and safety management team is empowered to ensure that policies are updated and communicated, that employees stay current with required training and that safety procedures are regularly followed in accordance with company policy.